START

I guess I'm starting late on blogging. I've been thru all the shit that there is on social media but I feel like this is something vintage and simple. I'm bout to document the build up of my bike. but first of all, here is the story:

I found this bike in early 2013 in hayward, california. back then I had no money, I bought it together with a friend for another friend who gave us the money. I guess it was in a typical "non op" condition. at this time I had something around zero clue about old harleys. after probably 30 minutes of kicking, the drag pipes started to roar. to me it seemed to be not to bad and absolutly the right bike for my buddy whos a mechanic at heart.

the bike was for sale from a woman in the mid age. we asked her what the story on that bikes was cause we couldnt imagine that she road that bike. it was a bad story. it was ridden by her husband for many years until he started to get loung cancer. this was a total bummer.

later that day we drove again to the lady and made the deal perfect. she told us that her husband had tears in his eyes when he heard the sound of his bike earlier that day. she wanted that we got to know him so she took us to his room.

he was sitting in his wheelchair. not even more able to speak but his eyes told the story. it felt like he didnt wanted to let his baby go but at the same time he knew that he could never ride it again. that was the moment we all had tears in our eyes. I looked at him and said: I will take real good care of your bike, no question.

it was this moment when I realised, that one day a had to own this motorcycle and ride it till my last day will come.

back in germany I had to deal with other shit and life went on. but in my mind there was always this bike. meanwhile it was storted and my buddys house where he started to repair it, to sell it one day.

the day came. I heard that he wanted to sell. it was the day before new years eve. we were hanging and my buddys house and after a couple of beers the deal was perfect. He knew that this was my bike since the day he got it.

the picture shows the bike when we first met.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts