SHOJIRO

 This one is now called Shojiro. Named after it's framebuilder, Shojiro Iwai from Japan. I really don't know for how long I wanted to own a NJS keirin race frame... NOW is the time. And against all odds I decided to not put only the finest parts onto it. Instead I went for more like a -how cheap can it get- build. Just to show myself once more that it's not about spending thousands of euros to simply have fun on two wheels. At least for now, this is how it is setup. The only real special parts besides of the frame are the pro chrome stem made from columbus steel tubing, the italmanubri handlebars that are square tapered in the middle part and of course the nearly twenty years old ax lightness vintage carbon seat. Best thing about the saddle is that I found it while I was looking for a wheelset... I found one, together with a complete fuji track bicycle and a bag full of parts. The price for everything together was too good to be true, but the guy who sold it just wanted to get rid of all of the stuff as fast as possible... lucky me!


I'm currently building up a wheelset, so this is the only real thing that is planned in the future. Till then I'm just super happy to be back on a bike with one fixed gear. 


This hits different.


since it's absolutely impossible to catch this framepaint in a photo, I decided to shoot at night.

miche primato, the poor boys sugino 75.

47-17. so far... perfect.


steel plus carbon makes for a spice menu.



I did cover all of the spots where paint was missing with champagne nailpolish to protect it for the next 20 years or so.

sparkly sparkle. gotta love a keirin racers attention seeking for potential bidders.



you can't put a roadbike wheel into a... ok, whatever.


130mm stem to sit more on the frontwheel instead of in the saddle.

square escalation.

a bell is the most underrated upgrade to any bicycle, especially when riding with no brakes.

am I dreaming?



ciao
xoxo,
Alex


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts