SAMUEL'S PIOLET

 

So this is finally the first photoshoot of a bicycle from somebody else. Have been wanting to do a shooting like this for a while, but the story, what brought me to this bicycle and it's rider is really something else!


But let's just start at where it all began. One day I woke up and thought it would be funny to advertise every bicycle that I own, no matter if I'm willing to sell or not. Just to 'play' having a bikeshop... Wouldn't take long until somebody did respond on the Roadini ad! And let me tell you, I was totally not expecting that. So unfortunately I had to tell him, that it's not for sale and that I'm going to keep it. He responded that he actually just wanted to see a rivendell in person... that was like the perfect invitation for me, since I wanted to do a longer trip for a while, but had no where to go!


So couple days later I did find myself on my way to Bamberg, wich is 80km one way from my place. So all in all around 160k, wich sounded perfect for me, who never did a ride longer then 100k.


And what a ride this was. I started around 8 a.m. and it was freezing cold, at least it didn't rain. As the trip went on and I did get to slightly higher altitudes, I was able to see my breath. My toes were freezing, but the motivation was high and I did feel so lucky to just be able to do a trip like this...


After a little bit of rain (finally) and a couple of detours, I reached my destination. Samuel's place. Right when I saw his bike and accomodation, I knew that this would be the perfect place for the shooting. With wise foresight, I did brought my camera...


The result, you can enjoy here:











After refueling with a wonderful buddha bowl it was time to head back. Samuel did join me for the first kilometers for moral support and to get some km's in for hisself. After he turned around and I was back alone, the headwind did only get stronger. Then there was sun, rain and even hail coming down from the sky. But still, I was in the best mindset I could possibly be. It's fascinating what the mind does when forcing the body to it's limits... and limits, I did reach! I totally did hit the wall engerywise and the last 40km I was running on an empty battery.


But you know what? I made it. And the feeling you get from experiences like these are simply unreal and hard to put into words.


This is why I'm living.


The best life.


Forever greatful to be able to experience moments like these, and wow, what a story for my first shooting of somebody elses bike!!!


to be continued...


xoxo,

Alex

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts